Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

HO Scale Cars for Lebanon 1982

I've talked before about some of the vehicles I use in HO scale for Lebanon '82. I received a few more in the mail today so I thought I'd hand out a small buying guide.


The Mercedes-Benz W114 is a requirement to start, Peter Pig is the only place I've found for this. It's listed as the Mercedes Benz Saloon Car in the AK47 range.

I'm assuming you don't want to spend a whole lot of money. Model Power makes some nice cars in HO for very little cash, but they are mostly American cars.

They make a nice VW camper in a few different colors. I picked this up at hobbylinc.com for $3.59. You can even put Libyans in it if you like so they can attack Doc Brown in his DeLorean.

Old style VW Beetle, again available in a few different colors and $3.59 at Hobbylinc (who do not pay me by the way). From time to time I get asked to put links and endorse products on this blog. But they never give me a reason *why* I would want to do this.

Now it turns out that since Hobbylinc is an American website it's actually rather easy to find European HO cars among all of the American ones. You just have to search for "European Automobile." I don't think I've found one that isn't tagged that way in the product title. It took me awhile to figure that out, so you're welcome. There are a ton of these, and they're all very attractive and made by Busch Gmbh and a few other European Train Modeling companies, and they all cost about $8-10 dollars. Now I don't know about you, but that's a bit much for me. I did manage to find a couple of packs that bring the dollar cost down.


There is the Audi 100L from Herpa Models, $7.98 for 2 cars.

And the Opel Rekord Station Wagon, also from Herpa, $7.98 for 2 cars.


Not European, and a bit out of place but so cheap they work great as filler in a Parking Lot. Lifelike 1950's Coupes, a 4 pack for $6.79. Works great for Fallout 3 15mm games as well.

Now all of these have simply been glued onto a Medium FOW size flat metal base that was primered with Rustoleum Gray, which is the color I use for my Matchbox Build a Road. Then I hit them with some Matt Spray to take away the glossy toy look. Very quick and effective.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar