Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Winter Project Link Party - Jelly Roll Tutorial

Hello if you have just popped over from Thistlebear. I am making a quilt and today I thought I would share how to make a log cabin pin wheel block.


The fabric was a naughty escapade. I went to a Trade Craft show in January as a press blogger and purchasing was not allowed. I could make book orders for massive quantities but that is not what I was there for. I managed to pass £15 in notes under the table for these two mini jelly rolls and a fat quarter pack. I know, so cheeky but so irresitable. Jelly rolls are the business, they limit your cutting time but increase your accuracy.


I grouped three together then cut a solid colour from my own stash. You simply sew in a straight line down the long edge using a 5mm seam allowance.


I have a natty magnetic guide that I can pop on my foot plate to keep me in line. Bloke gave it to me in my Christmas stocking a few years ago. I didn't know I wanted one until I used one.


Next I measured the depth of my joined strips (21cm) and cut the same distance on a cutting mat with a rotary cutter to get a square 21 x 21 cm


Rotate the squares...


Join, press and...


Repeat. One hour sewing, two blocks made. Hope you are making progress no matter how big or small on your Winter Projects, I am off to check them out now.

Thistlebear

Jo xx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar